Friday, April 13, 2012

SIAEC Visit

I had the pleasure of going to visit SIAEC with Mr Tan TK while he went there to visit the SP interns. It was very nice of my aerospace lecturers to arrange this trip for me upon knowing that I will be keen to work in the aviation industry in future.

This opportunity is indeed rare as their security clearance is very stringent. I had to submit my particulars to Mr Tan a week before for SIAEC to help me do some clearance. The Changi Aviation industrial site is very much as if you have to clear the JB custom. We had to surrender our IC in exchange for a pass validated by SIAEC before we go through the 'custom'.

Not only that, we also have to be escorted by SIAEC staff into the company territory. Before we enter into SIAEC, we have to go through another round of security check. This is just how stringent their security is! Not just for us, but also for their own staff.

Met the two DASE students on intern as well as two intern from DCP. Had a sharing session with them and it was followed by the two supervisors from different department. This was then follow by a guided tour by the DASE students' supervisor for Mr Tan and me. Felt really privileged that they arrange such tour for me.

I had to chance to visit different workshops serving on different parts of the aircrafts under the Electrical and Electronics department. They are the oxygen refilling lab, coffee machine and hot water dispenser lab, battery charging workshop etc. I understand why SP dase students stand such a privilege to work in aviation industry as the labs we have in SP campus is almost similar to the ones in industry :)

This visitation made me can't wait for the day that I be able to enter the aviation industry!

Special thanks for SP aero lecturers for making this arrangement possible!

No comments: