Entering a new and exciting phase of life.
Finally get to work for real this time as a full time staff (of course, it's engineering field)
Was juggling between work, relationship and an exam paper for professional engineering ever since I returned from Australia.
Thank God my partner is understanding and supportive. During my past one month of preparation for two exam papers this wednesday, he forbided me to go on date with him and wanted me to focus on my studies. The ever supportive and loving him even came over to accompany me while I study and he even tidied my notes for me (it's open book, so he helped me tagged and label those files so that i can have more time to focus on revision). Taking this exam was something additional (optional) to me. It's a five year phase and it requires accumulation of engineering experiences before the board approves me as a certified professional in this area. Seeing how passionate I was in this industry, my boy has encouraged me to take it up. Though this is also self asking for stress. No matter how stress I was, he was always there and nice. Making sure he does his best to help me out so that I can have more time to study. He doesn't mind sacrificing our dating (fun) time for these and he doesn't even in the slightest complain, instead he fully supported and encouraged me all the way. As a power engineer himself, he even attempted those past year paper of his best knowledge and provided me his solution for reference knowing that I didn't have much time to cover all the syllabus for this exam. Now that the first stage of exam is over, we finally can have some time together on weekends, surely he deserves the best of what I have for him now :)
As for my work, yeah, I have worked for a month. Finally have time to sit down here to write a bit. As much expected, I am in the engineering field. This whole new situation is so different from academic world. Academic world was really my world. Somehow with God's blessing, great interest and passion in engineering I was recognized in NTU for the hardwork and diligent. Of course, for the people who supported me along. To be offered as a valedictorian twice, definitely was a blessing. Honestly speaking, I am grateful my ex bf left me all of a sudden.. it took me a long time to walk out and it gave me courage and space to grow over these past four with the aid of angels and experiences. I am really happy the deans, professors, classmates, friends and my family enjoyed my speech. I made the best I could for the one I missed in poly. Many were impressed I weren't reading off my script, but I personally believe that the least I could do is to memorize my heartfelt words by heart and deliver to them right from the bottom of my heart. Took me three weeks to write it out, followed by several rounds of editing by some communication profs from other school. A month to memorise and rehearse my script day in day out for the day :)
At work, I am starting from ground zero and it is afterall, a very different environment. VERY. I am blessed to have an experienced mentor to guide me along from job interviews to now. He doesn't just advise on my work, but at the same time will also advise me on my relationship.. kept showing me those housing properties from news articles. (sometimes i think it's still far to think about it now but I guess he just want me to be more prepared). so just hear hear a bit. He has five dogs in his house! oh gosh! I used to be afraid of big dogs, but having visited his house several times, I realise golden retrievers ain't fierce and they wouldnt bite! they are the friendliest dog i met so far!
Relationship itself is also a challenge. We do have our ups and downs along the way.. but one thing i like about this boy is he makes sure that at the end of the day we sit down to resolve and really talk it out. I tend to bottle up and keep quiet about unhappy stuff.. but this boy certainly hates it and makes sure he gets me to talk it out. Still so much to learn.
With the exams just ended on wednesday, I have to sit down and get organised a bit. Haven't have time to meet up my profs, lecturers, friends, juniors etc. I have so much stuff to read and know too for work! Busy somehow but I prefer this life than school life. heh! this is going to be a great challenge and as a project engineer, I will have a lot of humans (contractors) to deal with besides technical specs. It is going to be a great challenge for a person like me, but I think it is a very good exposure. Tough but fighting! Lot's to learn :)


No comments:
Post a Comment