It all started well :)
Celebrated 2014 with a group of Finnish friends at Lapland and started off the first day of 2014 with my most favourite winter activity-snow mobile!
This is definitely my most wonderful start year in my entire life! heh!
Going to overseas exchange has changed my perspective on life. It made me question why I was previously slogging away for that mere GPA when there are so many great things in life awaiting for me. After this exchange, I realised the world is so huge and there are so many things in life we should try to embrace rather than focusing on my own issue.
I made amendment in my lifestyle.. well.. for the better except for my late sleeping and waking hours which i am trying to amend. hahas! with sufficient rest and proper meals, i have not visited sinseh for this entire year! *clap for me please* hahas... well except for the dengue that i unfortunately caught in this mid year.
I thought I've found a soul mate this year and we almost got together... it is that i realised the past hasn't really got over me and that the more we know each other, the more i can't picture the future with him. perhaps we never really love each other enough to want to overcome the obstacles between us. In anw, I am not in a hurry to find myself one.. has always been leaving this to God. hahas... somehow, i think i am quite passive in this area as well.
Recently manage to browse through my ex profile via fb. Really happy he is doing well in life now. Somehow, i told myself this will be the last time i "stalk" him. I need to try to get over it, move on even though there was no proper closure between us. What's done is done.
Went for an internship in my dream company, but realised the company is not really what i expected. I was tagged under the best mentor even though my supervisor was meh. he is really the best mentor and a young talent! i learnt a lot under him. However, to work in such prestige company was not possible without the recommendation of my lecturer. I realised people had already start talking about me before i intern as my resume was sent directly to the vp via my lecturer. Knew his intention was good but this feeling of getting in is not really nice to have. As the CTO was my lec friend, i had the privilege of meeting him and this got to the hr dept as well. I realise i am very blessed to have a career path laid out nicely for me.. but i realise i would prefer to enter into a company base on my own abilities. i don't wish my colleagues to see me as the one with special treatment. Though i know chances are high to go back to the company upon graduation.. i didn't really wish to. Am keeping an open mind to look out for other industries/companies.
My grandpa passed away this August due to stomach cancer. His passing is like a wake-up call to me. It made me treasure my current grandma more because we will just never know when. This yr my grandma has been complaining pain in her legs and her finger are suffering from Arthritis. It goes to shows that time is just ticking away.
This year my sis got herself a single room in hall just so i can move in to stay with her. hahas... i think i am very blessed to be able to stay hall legally throughout my years in ntu. Thanks so much to my sis. However, I received a very big christmas gift from hall office a few weeks back for they offered me a hall to stay. I pushed my luck further by asking if my sis and i could stay together in the double room offered and this was promptly approved by hall office. Really thankful for this great gift. I dont mind squeezing in the single room with my sis but to have our own desk each, it is going to be so much comfortable. Praise God.
A couple of weeks back, i decided to step out of my comfort zone and do a mass presentation infront of my sch professors, jc students and parents. I used to turn down when i was being asked to do so for i am no a very eloquent person, english also not very good too. It was really stressful in the whole process of preparation and we had lack of sleep for the ppt was just a few days after our last paper. Overall I think i did decently well but there's room for improvement, for sure! xD
Can't believe that i am going to graduate soon (if everything goes well)! oh gosh.. honestly, I've never pictured myself as a uni grad. But to reach thus far.. i have gone through a lot of struggles, life lessons and with the support of my friends/seniors/family. Last but not least, God :D my sis used to say i have pea-sized brain... yeah.. used to get bully by her academically when we re young... but my pea-sized brain wouldn't be able to bring me thus far with my passion, interest, hardwork, supportive friends/family and of course, God :)
Major turning point was my exchange period. It let me know that learning can still be fun! It does gave me greater courage to pursue further studies overseas now. Guess i really love the Scandinavian education system. I am not saying it is easy to study there, but its their environment and culture that gave me a very pleasant academic journey there :)
As i look back at my new yr resolution, btw i only have two this year! used to come up with one whole list of it but end up losing focus of it. Decided to make just two when celebrating my new year in Finland earlier this year.
Definitely, I learnt to be happier :)
Unfortunately, I need to lose even more weight.. HAHAS! this resolution is so hard to achieve :P i wanted to be lean and tone... this is my new year resolution like almost every year... but it always got back fire with good food :D always have this eat first then exercise mentality xD
Let this new year be a God-ful 2015!
Hallelujah!
Rui En and fireworks at countdown party next to my house! what a good way to start the new year!:D
Happy 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment