Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Riot in Singapore

I was very shocked and disappointed that such things actually happen in Singapore. I am thankful none of my friends were injured by this riot. When i saw this scene, I was really heart wrecked.. i mean i do love my country and I am proud that it is equally safe as Finland and now this happened...

Peace and security can never be taken for granted. I am also disappointed at how people start to blame the government for bringing in those foreigners, how they start to point fingers at the majority of the innocent foreign workers just based on this riot. hey guys, this is really unfair to the innocent bangladeshi workers. I have known some of the workers due to my father's occupation. they are human just like us, they came here for a living that's all, doing work that very few or little Singaporeans would want to take up for peanuts pay.

Let us just not because of the few "black sheep" among them and start to point fingers at all the other workers. This is unfair for them. And people, do try to listen to what those involved in instigating the "riots" have to say or explain before we set harsh judgement on them.

Kudos to the efficient and effective SCDF, police force, medics. You guys are awesome :)

No comments: