Sunday, June 25, 2017

A quick short update

It has been a long while since I last logged in. I am not sure if there will be anyone dropping by this website anymore as I have not been posting frequently. If you do and whoever you are, thanks for your support!

Life is pretty much the same for me with the same old family, partner (>.<), job and myself.

I've signed up for a gym membership one year ago in the hope of losing weight and be in good shape. The intention was for me to have the motivation to leave office on time to catch the gym classes. At the end of one year, I did not lose any weight. Mission fail but the positive part is I didn't gain any weight too. Honestly, for the 160++ sgd of membership paid per month, I am not really making full use of it.

As for my job, I am still the same old engineer but got promoted recently. However, nothing to be happy about the promotion as the company is reinstating my original post and rank due to the new scheme introduced last year. One thing i am very satisfied was that my past one year of handwork was fully recognized. Thanks Boss :) Thanks for believing in me and giving me wonderful opportunities for me to step out of the comfort zone, learn to work with senior managements and travel overseas with them to deal with business. Indeed, I am very fortunate :)

Work itself is still insanely crazy but it is the human factors which make it all the more complicating and challenging. It is very political inside as the department employ all the first class graduates. Everyone is equally hungry and ambitious to climb up the corporate ladder. I have also learnt it through the hard way that colleagues can never be our friends. I have gone through a very down period because I have to change my mentality at work as the old, kind, helpful hui yin at work will never get appreciated and would even get taken advantage of at work. Slowly, I am learning to be assertive and firm in my positions. There are still many rooms of improvement for myself at work. I am thankful i have good mentor and a very supportive partner.

I have recently resumed my passion and hobby in drone. Bought myself a mavic pro and i hope to make good use of it. I've also obtained my licence from CAAS as a drone pilot recently too. Hopefully I can post more aerial videos/photos in the blog in time soon.

That's all folk for a quick update of my life now. Heading to Marina Barrage for Drone photography soon with my partner :)

No comments: