Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rest In Peace Sir. You have fought a good fight.

In the very end, he is still a human being.

I cried when i saw the new first thing this morning.

In this life, i will never get the honour to shake the hand of this great man. The closest I got was the LKY award I received several years ago.

To be honest, I have desires to join the politics a few years back when I first joined and set up the RC youth club in my neighbourhood. However, this politics area is not as simple as just wanting to serve the country. People had differing views and afterall, this is politics. You have to be on your guard and you need to have high intelligence in order to stay within this area. I knew this area is not suitable for me to serve and give back to my country. But with the little of what i had experience in politics, I come to appreciate what our founding Father had gone through.

He is my role model. His determination, His studiousness, His ability to have vision, His Down-to-Earth nature, His steadfast love and promises that he kept for his wife till death do them apart. This man has been in all way earned mine or rather, Singapore's respect.

This year is going to be a mixed feeling as the country celebrate her 50 yrs of independence but with the loss of our founding father.

Dear sir, wherever you are now, Rest in Peace. You have done your part for the nation and time for us to carry on your legacy.

For me, as I am going to be a fresh grad in few months time, I still am unclear what I would want to do. But the passing of LKY caught me thinking how best can i start contributing to this country i proudly call home.


No comments: