Hi peeps!
Sorry for the long period of "disappearance".
I was really busy during the last quarter of my semester.
Didn't have time to blog down what happened. If you were to ask me what I was doing for the past few months, I apparently would have forgotten what I was doing back then (due to short term memory). Just only knew I was beating through many assignments and projects before the deadline!
Oh well, I survived the horrendous last three months of my studies and I am happy to share with you guys the good news that I managed to do well and be the first top female graduate for my course-Aerospace Electronics *beams*. well, that is not without reason. Before leaving yj, I gave my assurance to yj staff that I would do well there. There are times that things get tough for me, especially my final years but what kept me on is the promise I made to the yj staff. Secondly, I do this for my parents. They have been supportive of me in studying in Aerospace and I do not want to let them down (well, I think leaving yj with just a few months to A levels is not what parents would like to see their children do. but they respected my decision and support me of this change in academic path. thirdly, during this year SP/polytechnic open house, i encountered many secondary female students who are keen to take up engineering courses, be it aerospace electronics or other engineering courses. They have came up to me and ask me if it is difficult for females to survive in this male dominated course. I assured them that they be doing all right and will be given fair treatment and equal opportunities to perform well in engineering courses and most importantly, they must have the PASSION and INTEREST in engineering courses. This made me even more determined to work harder and maintain my result during my last lap of race even though it was tough as I would like to assure them that girls can do equally well in the engineering course.
Below is the link is the webpage of me as an sp graduate for 2011 (hahas.. a bit BHB here but would like to share the good news with you guys =D):
http://www.sp.edu.sg/graduation2011/lim_hui_yin.html
Managed to make friends with some of the graduates there and one of them were telling us that we have our own webpage! hahas.. really thank the school for hiring make-up artists for us for the photo-taking.
A few of us were called down to have an interview with a straits times journal this morning. Seems like the few of us are actually of the same background. Be it PJC, SAJC or YJ. We all stayed for a year plus in jc. i think that also made us treasure our time here studying in SP. So I guess for this year theme in news paper, for SP graduates, they be focusing on JC to poly route. Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. being in these two paths (both jc and poly) for quite a long period myself, i feel that each of these routes are equally good. really, i am speaking from my heart. there is no such thing as JC better than poly or poly better than JC. it ultimately boils down to individual preferences and strength. Yup, so I guess the article would be out this week, tentatively in this sunday straits times paper.
And yes! not forgetting those who have helped me in one way or another and have contributed to my achievement here in SP. I would like to thank my parents, DASE course lecturers, course mates, ET, Jonathan, Chris, Simon and sherry. Thanks jonathan for helping me throughout my three years in SP, especially with my language modules and reports. Thanks Chris for your encouragements all these while! Thanks simon for your "nagging" and support and with one of my debate for one of my module. Thanks Sherry for willingly and spontaneously helping me out with the fantastic video editing even though i approach you last min. Really a very grateful and sincere thanks to people who have in one way or another contributed to my success and achievements in SP.
And ultimately the LORD! AMEN!=)
No comments:
Post a Comment